20.9.06

Hospital


Hospital, originally uploaded by betadinesutures.

This is me four years after a car accident, laying in a hospital bed in Philadelphia trying yet another treatment for yet another diagnosis regarding the pain. This physician seems to think the pain is related to RSD, at the moment I snapped this photo I am hoping he is right. Five days of lidocaine infused through my body, five blood draws at 5:30 am - in more than five locations - one fainting spell, and one IV relocation I hope this works. This procedure, it is hoped will shut down and reboot the nerves that are causing the pain. My stay in the hospital will take place in the cardiac wing, the lidocaine tends to slow down the heart rate and blood pressure so my heart needed to be monitored.

In the bed next to me is a cocaine using alcoholic that was brought to the hospital for chest pains. Everyday he complained and farted like a barnyard animal.

This is the first time I have been in the hospital and was actually able to eat solid food, but of course everyday I was given food I can't eat.


I feel horrible, partly because of the drug, but mostly due to the fact that there are people here much more infirmed than myself and I am just complaining about pain in my neck, shoulders and back.

No comments: